About me-Jumpstart Speech and Language Therapy
Jennifer graduated from University College Cork in 2007 and began working with St. John of God Menni Services in Dublin supporting children and adolescents with an intellectual disability.
From 2008 to present, Jennifer has been working with the Brothers of Charity Southern Services providing a service to children and adolescents with Autism, Down Syndrome and intellectual disability.
From 2013- 2016, Jennifer held the position of Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Down Syndrome Cork.
Jennifer has been seeing private clients since 2010.
Jennifer is a full member of the Irish Association of Speech and Language Therapists (IASLT) and Independent Speech-Language Therapists of Ireland (ISTI). Jennifer is also Coru registered.
Jennifer is fully trained in the following:
- LAMH (a manual sign system for individuals with an intellectual disability and communication needs). In 2014, Jennifer also trained as a Lámh tutor.
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Hanen Programmes 'It Takes Two To Talk' and 'More than Words'.
- Jennifer is trained in the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS).
- Jennifer is also fully trained in the Jolly Phonics Programme for developing reading and writing with children.
- Jennifer attends regular training courses and workshops for continued professional development. Some of these have included: Alex Kelly's Social Skills Training and 'Speech Sound Disorders and Intellectual Disability' by Dr. Caroline Bowen.
In addition to her role as a Speech & Language Therapist, Jennifer develops educational resources to develop vocabulary and improve spelling ability. These resources (books and online games) are used by schools nationwide. Further information can be found at Tell & Spell.